Saturday, April 13, 2013

Talking about the Future

talking about the future

When you have read the rules and done the exercises, answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of each sentence:
(a) I'll meet my friends after the lecture. (b) I'm going to buy a new car. (c) I'm working tomorrow all day long. (d) Will you help me with this? (e) I'll bring your book tomorrow.
Example: I'll carry these bags for you - offer
2. What is the difference in meaning:
(a) I'm flying to New York next week.
(b) I'm going to fly to New York next week.
3. What is meant by saying:
Shall I help you?

2 comments:

  1. 1.(a)promise (b)prediction (c)prediction (d)offer
    (e)promise
    2. (A)he already knows that will fly next week, and resolved to have all the small things
    (B) he only think that might fly
    3. These words are meant to offer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think that 1a is a promise? and sentences a & b are predictions? Think more, OR read the rules and go over grammar notes and exercises we did in the class! :)

      Delete